Serving The Greater Toronto, Hamilton & Niagara Area (GTHNA) Thinking of Selling?
It is important to calculate what you might net from the sale before deciding to put your home on the market.
Things to do before you consider selling:
- call your mortgage company or check the mortgage documents to find out what your discharge penalty will be if you sell
- determine if your existing mortgage is portable, assumable with or without approval.
- have you signed any first right of refusal options with any potential buyers
- is you property being expropriated or considered as Historical / Heritage
- is there any circumstances that may substantially increase or decrease the value of your property
- would your property be subject to taxes if you sold (HST/Capital Gains, business taxes etc)
- Have you done any upgrades?
- Is your property in better condition than those properties around you?
- Is your mortgage balance at or close to the value of your property?
- do the properties in your area sell quickly?
- is the agent you are considering hiring knowledgeable enough to guide you through the Selling process
These are just a few of the questions you may need to ask yourself before putting your property on the market. Frank is a true Professional with a proven track record that will help guide you through the entire selling and or buying process. Please use the form below and Frank will provide you an “Opinion of Value” of what your Property is worth in today’s market.